Athens-Hocking Recycling Centers, Inc. (AHRC) is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization that is
mission driven, serving Athens County, Hocking County and the surrounding region.
AHRC’s mission is to create jobs and economic opportunities locally, while reducing waste,
conserving energy and resources, and protecting public health and the environment.
AHRC is now hiring for a Laborer/CDL Class B driver for recycling and refuse routes in Athens and
Hocking Counties. This position includes working on refuse and recycling trucks, and working at processing center. AHRC operates collection routes in both counties via packer trucks and
roll-off trucks as well as operating a materials sorting facility with a throughput of over
4,000 tons per year. AHRC also has a food/organics waste collection service and operates
a Class II compost facility.
AHRC offers a competitive compensation package to full time employees. The
compensation package includes, but is not limited to;
• Health Insurance (after probationary period)
• Paid Vacation (after one year of employment)
• Personal days ( pro-rated after probationary period)
The ideal candidate will be able to preform the following;
• Follow safe operating practices and procedures
• Work in a fast paced team environment
• Serve customers and respectfully
• Be able to read, write, and comprehend route information including
• Record weight data
• Capture pictures via smart phone
• Have or obtain (within 6 months) a valid Class B (minimum) CDL License
• Be able to pass a DOT physical as well as drug and alcohol screening
• Be able to work early shift as well as weekends
• Be able to lift at least 50 - 75 lbs throughout the work day
• Work overtime as needed
• Work in inclement weather in an outdoor environment
• Operate Equipment to include, but not limited to;
• Skid steer loaders
• Hydraulic balers
• Perform equipment maintenance including cleaning, greasing, and other routine checks
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times when required.
Please send applications and resume to Bruce Underwood or send to PO BOX 2607, Athens, Ohio 45701.
AHRC is seeking a team member to join our dynamic workplace. This is a permanent, full time (40 hours/week) position, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The pay rate is competitive and commensurate with experience in the $12.00 - $15.00 per hour range. Click the button below to download the full job description. Deadline to apply: Feb. 27th. Please send cover letter (max. 500 words), resume/CV, and list of three professional references to: email@example.com